Welcome to Grace Hospital
COVID – 19 Outbreak Declared
A Covid-19 outbreak has been declared on 4 North. (10 positive patients, 1 staff, 1 death). This outbreak started on November 16, 2021. All visitation to this unit has been suspended except for end of life situations.
Updated November 29, 2021
Effective Monday, November 22, 2021
All visitors including essential care partners are required to show proof of full vaccination in order to visit our acute care facility. All visitors must show proof of vaccination and proof of identity each time they enter the hospital; they must pass screening and follow all Infection Prevention and Control requirements, including wearing provided personal protective equipment as directed by staff.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are defined as those who have received both doses (any combination) of an approved two dose COVID-19 vaccine (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), OR a single dose of an approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine (Janssen /Johnson & Johnson) with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose (or approved sole dose) was received.
SCREENING: Everyone entering the hospital will still be screened for vaccination status, symptoms and travel history by hospital staff before being permitted to proceed. Everyone will be provided with a medical grade mask that must be worn at all times during their visit.
DESIGNATED ENTRANCES: Entry to the Grace is permitted only through the Emergency Doors (24-hours a day) and the main front entrance (7am – 8pm).
APPOINTMENTS: Scheduled surgeries, appointments, diagnostic tests, and lab work for out-patients continue unless you have been notified otherwise.
We are still encouraging everyone to visit by phone or use the Well Wishes Program through this website to let your loved one know you are thinking about them.
DO NOT VISIT ANY HEALTH CARE FACILITIES IF YOU HAVE:
- Returned from inter-provincial travel from Eastern Canadian provinces or international travel in the past 14 days.
- Had close contact with someone with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Had close contact with someone being tested for COVID-19 at this time.
- Been instructed to self-isolate or self-monitor.
- Have cold or flu symptoms.
We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Grace Hospital is and has been a place where many of life’s most important moments take place. The Grace Hospital plays an integral role in the delivery of health care services in Winnipeg, and has done so since 1904. We are currently one of three acute care sites in the city, providing full services in our Emergency Department, in critical care, as well as providing a full complement of acute care services.
As our patient, we see you as a person first. You are unique and special, and your health care needs are equally unique and special. Our job is to address those needs as effectively as possible.