Preparing for a Hospital Stay
We want your stay at The Grace to be comfortable and positive. The following list of suggestions will help you best prepare for your stay.
Personal items to bring with you:
- Your Manitoba Health card
- Personal / Private Insurance card(s)
- Credit card (if you wish to use it to pay for private or semi-private accommodations or television rental)
- List of your current medications & their dosages
- Health care directive
- Hearing aids
- Small amount of cash (less than $20.00 for small personal items)
- Reading material
- Cell phones and other wireless devices
Please remember to label your personal items.
Personal items to leave at home:
- Items of sentimental value
- Irreplaceable documents
- Credit cards (if not using to pay for private or semi-private accommodations or television rentals)
- Unnecessary cash
- Plug-in appliances (alarm clocks, radios, CD players, laptop computers)
- Expensive clothing
Grace Hospital is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged patient valuables or personal belongings. If you choose to bring such items, you do so at your own risk.