Volunteers have been the cornerstone of Grace Hospital since its inception more than 100 years ago. Volunteers contribute their unique talents, skills and knowledge to our facility and our community to provide personalized attention to our patients. This enables the employees to concentrate on the work for which they are trained and fosters good relationships between the hospital and the public which it serves.
- “The Grace is a great place to work! There are so many friendly staff members, and the volunteers receive many thanks!” ~ Bill
- “Volunteering at the Grace is one of the best things I have ever done. I have met so many people from different walks of life, and made new and lasting friendships.” ~ Barb
- “Providing help in this way is a unique type of gratification – one you can’t feel doing anything else! Everyone has to try it to know how it feels to make this difference.” ~ Gurpreet
At Grace Hospital, we have approximately 315 volunteers who fill 50 position assignments. Each year, these volunteers contribute over 25,000 hours of service.
Volunteer Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Patient Care Areas: Friendly Visitor, Admitting, Orthopedic Clinic, Pre-Op, Oncology, Endoscopy
- Non-Patient Care Areas: Guide Desk Attendants, Parking Pay Station Attendants, Emergency, Hospice Receptionist, Newspaper Delivery, Gift Shop
- Clerical/Administrative Areas: filing, stamping, paper correlation, etc.
- Special Events: provide assistance during fundraising or special recognition events
- A variety of other position opportunities are also available. Contact the Volunteer Resources Department for more information.
The selfless efforts of the Grace Hospital volunteers truly make Grace Hospital the warm, welcoming and caring environment it is.