Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all acute care hospitals in Manitoba, including Grace Hospital, have suspended all visitor access. Exceptions for compassionate reasons or end of life will continue to be made on a case-by-case basis but will adhere to vigilant screening.
We encourage visitors! Visits from family members and friends brighten the day for patients. You can inquire about patient locations and room numbers at the Inquiry/Switchboard Desk located at the Admitting area, or there is a dedicated internal phone on the wall of the main lobby that will connect you with the Inquiry/Switchboard Desk.
- Medical / Surgical Units
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Surgical Daycare
6:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Intensive Care Unit
Open 24 hours – Only to immediate family (or person designated by the patient), length of visit may vary
- Recovery Room
Visitors are not permitted
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
- Please treat all patients and hospital staff with respect and courtesy.
- Please assist with the control of noise and number of visitors. Lounges are available on most floors.
- Please avoid bringing flowers and balloons, as individuals in the immediate environment may suffer from allergies / sensitivities.
- Please refrain from wearing strong scents, as some individuals may suffer from allergies / sensitivities.
- Visitors must respect our patient’s right to privacy.
- Sleeping in a patient’s room may be considered following consultation with the patient and care providers.
- Adult supervision of young children is required.
Dayrooms / Lounges:
For patients who are mobile and may have more than two visitors, there are dayrooms / lounges located at the south and north ends of each of the patient units.