The Hospital has three clearly marked main entrances along the front of the building:
- Emergency Department entrance: located towards the east side of the hospital, and next to the Access Winnipeg West building.
- Admitting (Patient Registration) entrance: located towards the west side of the hospital complex, this area was previously known as the Emergency Department entrance.
- Visitor entrance: is located directly under the 5-story tower, between the Emergency and Admitting entrances, this doorway allows access to the main lobby which includes the facility elevators, Café Pearl, Tim Hortons, the Grace Gift Shop, and the Grace Hospital Foundation.
Admitting / Patient Registration
The Patient Admitting / Registration area can be accesses through the Admitting Entrance. This area also includes the Inquiry Desk and the Cashier Office.
All patients must report and register for all admissions, surgical, as well as cardiology appointments, etc. at the Admitting desk, unless they are a patient in these other areas:
- Adult Medical Clinic The Admitting area for the Adult Medical Clinic is located in the most western part of Grace Hospital in the former Emergency Department.
- Diagnostic Imaging For a diagnostic test (such as X-Ray, ultrasound, CT scan) please report directly to the Diagnostic Imaging Department, main floor.
- Orthopedic Clinic / Endoscopy / Pre-Admission Clinic Please take the elevators to the 2nd floor.
- Vascular Clinic The Vascular Clinic is located in the Dorothy Wood Building. From the elevators in the main lobby, travel down from the main floor to the ground floor/lower level, and follow the directional signage to the Dorothy Wood Building. From the back of the hospital, the entrance to the Dorothy Wood Building is at 408 Booth Drive. Parking is available near the clinic. Enter the driveway from Booth Drive, north of Pearl McGonigal Way, and park in the designated lot.
- Cancer Care Manitoba All appointments with Cancer Care MB may enter through the Admitting Entrance, and proceed to the Ground floor/lower level.
- Lab: Lab appointments may enter through the Admitting Entrance, and proceed to the Ground floor/lower level.
Please remember to bring your Manitoba Health Card as well as any personal / private health insurance cards you might have.
For safety purposes, we always verify your identity with at least two personal identifiers before proceeding with any treatment.
- Upon admission you will be provided with an identification bracelet. Please verify the information is correct and wear it at all times. If your identification bracelet becomes lost or damaged, please inform your nurse or health care provider immediately.
- Your health care provider will be verifying your identity by asking your first and last name and date of birth, before any treatment or tests, including check-in for appointments, diagnostic testing, administration of medications, etc.
Out-of-Province / Foreign Residents
Canadian citizens must present their provincial health information upon admission.
Canadian citizens who do not have their provincial health card with them and all non Canadian citizens must make arrangements for payment for their care via credit card or cash prior to or upon arrival at the hospital. Non Canadian citizens must also sign a waiver of liability.