If you are 16 or 17 years of age and are interested in making a difference by volunteering in healthcare, please complete a volunteer application.
Apply on-line or download an application.
Benefits of volunteering
- Gaining experience in a hospital setting to enhance your resume
- Letter of recommendation
- Reference for job applications
- Record of hours for high school credits
- Complimentary meals and parking
- Meet new people
What is the Process to Become a Youth Volunteer?
The process to become a youth volunteer at the Grace Hospital is very similar to that of a job:
- Submit your completed application to the Volunteer Resources Department or apply on-line.
- Depending on the length of the waiting list, this could take up to approximately 3 months.
- The references provided will be contacted.
- Once your references are completed you will be contacted to attend a volunteer orientation where you will learn about the Hospital, the Volunteer Department and our policies and procedures.
- Once you have completed the orientation you will begin your training. All volunteers receive training until they feel comfortable completing the tasks on their own.